• Candidates who are currently in 4th Year or already completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/ Pharmacy (Post-Diploma)/Post.Bsc (4 Years after 10+2) are eligible to appear in GATE Examination.
• Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
• Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated Master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology.
• Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
• Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Disciplines for Eligibility-
At present, GATE is conducted in the following 22 disciplines. A candidate can select any one of these.
Aerospace Engineering Geology and Geophysics
Agricultural Engineering Instrumentation Engineering
Architecture and Planning Mathematics
Biotechnology Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering Mining Engineering
Chemical Engineering Metallurgical Engineering
Computer Science and Information Technology Physics
Chemistry Production and Industrial Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
Electrical Engineering Engineering Sciences
Ecology and Evolution Life Sciences
Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory) Chemistry (Compulsory)
Fluid Mechanics Biochemistry
Materials Science Botany
Solid Mechanics Microbiology
Polymer Science and Engineering Food Technology
Note:- A Candidate Can Appear in Only one Paper among all 22 .